

San Antonio and the surrounding areas have been in a SEVERE drought for a while now. Well..this weekend it seemed like God was answering all our prayers for rain the last few months. It rained and rained and rained. While I"m not particularly fond of it rainy weather- I'm thankful that we got some of the relief we needed. However- this also meant that I had to do my long run in the pouring down rain at 7 AM on Saturday. That just stunk.
I've decided to run the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in November and have been training for it with two girls from church: Julie and Olivia. It's totally necessary to have running buddies- because on days like Saturday there is no way any of us would willingly run without the motivation of the others. It s a great time to reflect on the last week, talk about our struggles, goals, etc. all while getting some exercise. The time actually goes by pretty fast, but last Saturday did not. It was cold, and wet, and dark. But- all that being said- we ran faster than normal because all of us just wanted to be done! So- I got home by 8:30 which left the entire day open for activity. I managed to clean the whole house and finish the laundry before Byron got home so I felt very productive.
Byron was on call Friday night which was his first overnight call of his career. It was a doosey. I don't know how he does it, but he was at the hospital going non-stop for 36 hrs with no sleep. Ouch. So- I tried to clean the house (the loud stuff) on Friday night so I wouldn't bother him. He got home around 3 and crashed. I treated myself to a nap as well after I went to the grocery store and did some gardening for a while.
I love saturdays like that. There's just something that makes me feel better about having a clean house. It feels more cozy or something. And since it was raining- I didn't feel so bad about not getting outside and being productive.
I spent the evening paying bills, reading and cooking. I made Chicken and wild rice soup, and a chocolate espresso silk mousse pie. It was delicious! I finally woke Byron up around 10:30 to let him eat, but he went strait back to bed. Poor thing. But the good thing about this rotation is that he gets a full post call day and the day after off. So- at least you have a chance to catch up on your sleep before having to do it again. There is one week this month when he has three call days in 1 week- which is going to be rough.
It was still raining cats and dogs on Sunday and the following pictures were after only 24 hrs of rain. Yikes! Holy bad drainage systems! But- our roof didn't leak this time- so that's a step in the right direction! We had to find new routes to church since some of our normal roads were flooded. We went to a new pizza place with our young marrieds class and then back home for hte afternoon. I went to volleyball practice and man....am I sore today! You'd think I'd be in shape after training for a 1/2 marathon! All in all- I'd say it was a productive, but relaxing weekend.
