Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Wedding












I'm not sure I can even capture the best parts of the wedding day in a blog. I remember enjoying the day and knowing it was special- but I can honestly not remember much about it. There are just so many things going on, people to see, and places to be; you sort of enter into a trance in order to stay sane through the whole process. I'm even more thankful we have so many pictures so I can look back and jog my memory about each part of the ceremony and reception.

Everything was pretty much done by the wedding day in terms of preparation (on my part anyway:) Shanna, Mom, and Jo Morris really had their work cut out for them. But- everyone was so helpful and willing to participate in any way they could. I actually got to sleep in a little that morning which was not the norm for that week! I was nervous I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before, but after our rehersal dinner and clean up and all the emotions of that day- I was wiped out and slept like a baby. I couldn't even stay awake to watch stupid reality TV with the girls on my last night as a single lady.

I had my hair and make up done in the morning and got ready back at the house. Jennie, Anne and my mom helped me get dressed (its quite a challenge putting on a wedding dress without stepping on it, getting it wrinkled etc). We headed over to Reynolda gardens for pictures. You can see pictures at www.fusionfotografix.com (password is yocum_branch).

After my pictures with the girls, I headed across the street to 'hide' until the ceremony. I was nervous it was going to rain as soon as we stepped outside since the sky was gray and threatening. But- God answered many prayers and held it off until the next day...and then it rained for a week strait! Phew. We had a backup plan- but I think when you see the pictures you'll see why I was hoping it would be outside:)

My Three bridesmaids accompanied me while I waited and paced, and waited some more. it was the longest one hour ever! They were great though in keeping up the small talk and keeping me distracted. I was just so excited, and ready to get the show on the road!

Finally it was time for the ceremony to begin and we headed back across the street and put the mic on me (which was a real task since hte dress had been tailored to fit me perfectly- getting a microphone pack in the back of the dress was not the most comfortable thing in the world). I was super nervous at this point when seeing ALL THOSE PEOPLE waiting and watching for me. Gulp. But- Dad held my hand tight and we made it to the aisle. Then....it was like I had tunnel vision. I didn't see anyone on the walk down; but just stared strait ahead looking for Byron. Since the aisle was so long- I couldn't see him until the very end! But once up at the altar with Byron, everything else faded into the background. This is sad- but I remember very little of the actual marriage ceremony: vows, prayers, etc. It's a good thing we have a written copy! Yippee...Dr. and Mrs. Byron Branch!